In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, Silverman Galleries is one of the Washington D.C.
area's longest running antique shops still under original family ownership.
The diverse and definitively antique inventory reflects the founder's broad interests, inquiring mind, and passion for quality.
Maurice Silverman (1923 - 2015)
Son of a 1920's goldsmith, Maurice grew up watching his father make the rings we now call
In 1958, employed by the Library of Congress, he opened Capitol Hill Antiques across the street from his Library desk. When the Library's expansion consumed his shop's original location he moved to Virginia and Capitol Hill Antiques became Silverman Galleries.
Edwardian & Art Deco platinum and diamond rings & antique jewelry continue to be a specialty.
Although he passed away in March 2015, Maurice's irrepressible spirit, his zest for friends – many of whom began as customers – and his delight in beautiful and interesting things lives on through Silverman Galleries, which is still run by his wife, Angela, his partner since 1981.
Special thanks to the many who have shared, and continue to share, warm reminiscences from nearly 60 years with Maurice at Silverman Galleries.